The Legal Tech Link, an online newsletter in PDF file format by Thomson Reuters Legal Executive Institute, was first published in October 2016 and will be a quarterly summary of the players, events and ideas shaping the legal tech ecosystem. The editors are two well-known experts in this field:
- David Curle, Director Market Intelligence at Thomson Reuters, and
- Roland Vogl, Executive Director at the Stanford Center for Legal Informatics.
The aspiration of the newsletter is to navigate the many frontiers of legal innovation:
- legal tech start-ups,
- legal innovation events,
- leading thinkers regardless of origin,
- and the very best of legal tech literature.
In the inaugural Legal Tech Link, Daniel Martin Katz, Associate Professor of Law at Illinois Tech – Chicago-Kent College of Law and Director of Law Lab @ Illinois Tech, shares his plans for a polytechnic style of legal education. The issue also includes:
- Legal tech company news: Neota Logic, ROSS Intelligence, Kira System & more,
- New legal tech companies: Loom Analytics, Paper, LitFunders, LegalDesk.com & more,
- Readings: The intangible law firm, Remaking the law firm ecosystem & more,
- Event report: Janders Dean & the Chicago-Kent College of Law Legal Horizons Conference,
- Academia: Law schools that major in technology and innovation,
- Legal tech events calendar: EvolveLaw, VQ Knowledge and Strategy Forum 2016 & more,
- U.K. and European focus: Legal Geek: Building a LawTech startup community &
Legal tech and the responses of law firms and corporate legal departments.